Thursday 2 April 2009

home made pasta, mark 2

I made the pasta again tonight, with a few modifications, and it was great!

This time, I used all white flour, and only three eggs. Knead the pasta until it's springy and soft. Wrap in glad wrap and set aside for a half hour. When you push a finger into the dough it should bounce back to its original shape immediately.

Roll the dough really flat. I chopped the dough into long strands of varying widths- from 0.5cm to 3 cm. Then, I put them in boiling salted water for a couple of minutes.

I served them with creamy mushroom sauce and fresh organic spinach. This is definitely worth the effort, and is just in a different league to store bough pasta.

3 comments:

  1. o
    m
    g
    that looks so freaking goooooooooooood!

    added you to my blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home made always does taste better!
    (even homemade ice cream!)
    I just don't think my pasta would turn out as...pasta-looking as yours!
    ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hexebart - thanks! :) It is really, really, surprisingly easy and super tasty. And such a great recipe to make with littlies. It's very tactile and safe, and so satisfying to see it go from pasta dough to the finished item.
    Shay - home made is fantastic. bread. jam. pizza. pasta. everything. you must make this!!

    ReplyDelete