Saturday 21 March 2009

a trip to south east asia

Today was another absolutely fantastic day, weatherwise, but I have been fluey! So a good answer to this was lots of spice.

For entree, we started with Vietnamese cold rolls and Thai corn cakes, with lots of mint, lime and Indonesian kecap manis sauce.

I love the fresh flavours in cold rolls. Lots of onion, mint, coriander and cucumber. Delicious.

For main course, and my cooking challenge of the week, I made a prawn laksa. It was really nice, but not fantastic. We both gave it an 8/10, which makes it the lowest rated cooking challenge so far. ;) Don't get me wrong, the flavours were great, but I think there's room for improvement. I'm going to enjoy refining my technique though as it's such a fresh, vibrant and flavoursome dish.

For dessert, one of our favourite Thai desserts - banana coconut cream. It's really easy but you have to get it just right, in terms of cooking time and seasoning - and tonight it was great.

Will blog recipes tomorrow.

dd.x

No comments:

Post a Comment