Saturday 14 March 2009

great craic, to be sure, to be sure

With St Patrick's Day just a few sleeps away, I decided to give this week's feast and cooking challenge an Irish flavour. My maternal grandfather was from Ireland (like many Aussies I proudly lay claim to this heritage). This was good, stodgy soul food.

I started with parmesan cheese soda bread (what we in Australia would know as a damper) with Cashel Blue cheese (from Ireland). Bicarb Soda is used as a raising agent instead of yeast and a deep cross is scored in the top.


For main course, I made Colcannon (absolutely delicious) and a really slow cooked Beef Stew with Guinness and organic garlic.


And for dessert, home made bailey's ice cream with mini (oh, so rich) irish coffees. Oh! And I tried to make a chocolate four leaf clover but it was a bit tricky for me...!



With food like that, I am proud to lay claim to my Irish heritage!!

dd.x

No comments:

Post a Comment