Wednesday 7 January 2009

what next?

For the second week of my recipe challenge I am going to attempt to make Creme Caramel. This is one of my favourite desserts ever but for some reason I am always nervous about baking them at home. I think it might be the idea of a water bath in the oven which confuses me. Nonetheless, it is my birthday weekend and so I will be preparing a three course meal of all my favourite things (before you start feeling sorry for me, having to cook my own birthday feast, remember that cooking is one of my favourite things and I am looking forward to some me time in my kitchen!).

We will start with roquefort and chicory salad, followed by moules mariniere and crispy french fries, and then, of course, barring any major disasters, the creme caramels and irish coffees.

If you have any suggestions for other recipes I can try throughout the year, please let me know as I am excited about getting to grips with as many different types of food as possible.

As for how this cooking challenge will affect our health, we're starting our running again this week so hopefully we won't arrive in 2010 with an extra 10kg of weight apiece..!

dd.x

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh!! Creme caramel sounds absolutely delicious!!
    As do the crispy french fries!
    Can't wait to see how your birthday feast turns out!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete