Wednesday 21 January 2009

one month in and...

...still going strong. Well, sort of. If you had asked me, before undertaking this adventure of recipexploration, what my favourite type of food is, I would have struggled to choose just one. I'd like to be virtous and say Japanese (hardly any dairy, low cholesterol, low saturated fats, steeped in family centred traditions and focussed on fresh produce) however, while I have brief flirtations with nasu dengaku and agadeshi tofu, and everything japanese inbetween, it has become clear to me that my soul mate, my real food love, the type of food I would foresake all others for, to have and to hold til death do me part, is French. The first three recipes of my challenge have been classically French, and sitting here now, I can pluck dozens from my mind that I'd like to try next. And of the recipes I've made, they've all become regulars in my weekly repertoire, much to my well-intentioned New Years Resolution Diet's disgust.

So. Here we are. On the verge of week four and I'm racking my brains for something as magnificently different from French cuisine as possible. Saganaki? Dashi? Goulash? Paella? Trifle? All tempting, but I have decided to try one of our favourite take away meals. Pad Thai.

It's a special meal for us, being one of the first we shared, and one we share often. I have tried to make pad thai in the past (say that ten times, fast) but never, ever succeeded. It's a cooking style so different to what comes instinctively to me, that I always seem to stumble. So. This week, I am determined! Wish me luck ;)
dd.x

No comments:

Post a Comment