Saturday 31 January 2009

a carluccio's feast, saturday night

One of my favourite restaurants is Carluccios. When we first moved to the UK, we worshipped the window display of the South Kensington cafe for months, before a dear relative convinced us to join her for dinner inside. It was everything I'd hoped. From that date to this, we regularly eat in Carluccio's, and have celebrated many special events there. Tonight, I recreated my favourite three course meal from Carluccio's.
We started with sea salt and rosemary focaccia,
followed by one of Carluccio's most well known dishes: Penne Giardiniera (spinach balls with penne pasta and zuchini, and chili).

For dessert, what else but vanilla bean affogatto?

All in all.. .delicious.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!!!
    that looks absolutely divine!!!!
    the whole thing - ohhh freshly baked focaccia! mmmm
    xxx

    ReplyDelete