Sunday 22 February 2009

a spanish fiesta

Apologies for being a day late. I've just come back from the most amazing long weekend in Amsterdam, so whilst I undertook the cooking challenge on Thursday evening, this is the first chance I've had to upload the pics and recipe.

The recipe of the week is a seafood paella and we absolutely loved it. I've never even eaten a paella, but it's such a romantic and famous meal that I was looking forward to making it. I got great seafood from my local fishmonger and organic fruit and veg from the local grocer.

We started with crumbed spanish olives and a saffron mayonnaise:


Then, the paella (with prawns, mussels and squid):


Then, the Crema Catalana (which we didn't love):


Okee dokie, here's the recipe for the paella!
love,dd.x

No comments:

Post a Comment