Sunday 1 February 2009

rummy strawberries (perfect for a wintry night)

One of my favourite recipes for a wintry dessert is rummy berries. It's quick and easy and oh so yummy.

You will need:

1 punnet of organic strawberries, or other.
2 tablespoons of vanilla scented caster sugar
1/4 cup rum
40g butter
cream, ice cream or custard to serve.
What to do:
Melt the butter in a large frying pan, over high heat. Rinse and quarter the strawberries. Once butter is sizzling, add the strawberries and then the sugar. Leave to sizzle for a few minutes, then shake the pan. Add 1/2 the rum and reduce the heat to moderate. After a few more minutes, add the rest of the rum (to taste).
I've served it with homemade vanilla bean ice cream, which I shaped in my very adorable new loveheart silicone muffin trays, and I've also served it with Fortnum & Mason lemon shortbread, but it goes very well with cream or custard as well.

3 comments:

  1. Is this the yummy berry dessert I am madly in love with??? :D :D
    Now this I must try!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is! I always think of you when I make this now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww bless! :)
    I still rave about it to this day!
    And whenever the weather is disgustingly hot (ie: now!) I wish I was back in London freezing my toes off and eating 2 serves of this!! mmm! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete