Tuesday 29 January 2013

Thai tofu salad

My husband and I have been eating at this amazing Thai restaurant for over a decade, and back in the days we first discovered it, I was a card-toting member of the vegan club. Most of the time, I felt like the food I ordered in restaurants was a poor sustitute (Greek salad, hold the feta, dressing on the side ugh), but not with this glorious thai tofu salad. Everyone I have ever shared it with has been as besotted by it as I am. I have been toying with the recipe for years, and I think I am pretty close to getting it now..



Ingredients:

Dressing
1/2 cup fish sauce/vegetarian fish sauce
2 tablespoons soya sauce (gluten free fine)
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar

Salad:
Organic firm tofu
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup torn mint leaves
1 cucumber, cubed
1/2 red onion, sliced into moon segments
Olive oil for frying

In a saucepan, fry triangle shaped pieces of tofu until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and combine with the remaining salad ingredients.

Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Dress the salad and serve while tofu still warm.

This is fresh, summery and totally delicious (and virtuous to boot!).


Posted via DraftCraft app

No comments:

Post a Comment