Saturday 2 May 2009

thai-tastic

As you know, the cooking challenges have been coming fast and furiously so that I can keep the recipes flowing whilst abroad, and this means we have been eating almost more than humanly possible. As an antedote to the rich, creamy European meals we both love, I decided to make a clean and spicy curry for this week's challenge. We both adore Thai food, and have lived within 100 metres of a thai restaurant in every one of our homes.

We started off with prawn toast - a real favourite, and another surprisingly simple dish to prepare. Keep in mind, I don't have a food processor, and only the most basic of kitchen appliances, but as long as you have a sharp knife, you'll be able to easily whip these up yourself. Recipe coming in the next few days!

The curry turned out really nicely. I worked with the vegies that were locally sourced, and I think any combination would have worked well. I really like loads of broccoli, cauliflower and potato in my curry.
For dessert, we had a coconut and strawberry cocktail. Why not combine our sweets with some vodka, at the end of the evening!?

Happy cooking!
dd.x

No comments:

Post a Comment